"By experience we find out a short way by a long wandering."
--Roger Ascham

11.29.2003

Friday Five:

1. Do you like to shop? Why or why not?
Yes, because I enjoy getting new things.

2. What was the last thing you purchased? A gift for my dad- What Einstein Told His Barber - it has explanations of all manners of nerdy stuff (i.e., we all know there's an absolute zero, what's the hottest matter can get?)

3. Do you prefer shopping online or at an actual store? Why? Depends on the product. Well, I guess I always prefer an actual store-- ASSUMING: I can go at a non-crowded time, and I've done my research. But I often buy online when it's convenient and cheaper.

4. Did you get an allowance as a child? How much was it? Yes. Somewhere in my early teens my dad decided we would all get a dollar for every year old we were (i.e., I got $15 a week when I was 15). Yes that was a lot, but we were expected to pay for our entertainment and save up for big stuff we wanted... but mom would still buy us clothes and stuff so we were totally spoiled.


5. What was the last thing you regret purchasing? Ummmm, I have several pairs of shoes that looked cooler/non-foot-scarring in the store but that live a quiet life of shame in my closet now.

No comments: