"By experience we find out a short way by a long wandering."
--Roger Ascham

4.10.2009

berries and apples

After nearly two years, it's nearing time for a new phone. But I'm having all this inner turmoil about what device to procure, currently leaning towards a BlackBerry since I'm not too gung ho enthused about the iPhone.

To me, BlackBerries seem like such a businessman device, and I certainly am no businessman. I went to AT&T's devices page and read reviews for the BlackBerry and read all these reviews by freakin' teenagers. The hell? Ugh.

I'm just lured because of the keyboard. I don't even text all that much (not popular enough). Do I even want to check my e-mail all the time? Not really. I don't like surfing the web on a phone, especially paying a lot of money for a fancier data plan. I'm torn because I don't really want to be in the Dark Ages but I'm not super techno-savvy either. Just give me a music player and I'm pleased.

Well, that's all my phone musings. I'll figure out this silly issue soon enough. I feel so primitive with my old flip phone. High-tech is not me.

No comments: