"By experience we find out a short way by a long wandering."
--Roger Ascham

4.05.2009

Time to show this blog some love

Parker and I are both sick of winter, though it sounds like she has it worse than I do. Spring, where are you? And go away rain. I don't like you all that much.

Earlier today at the gym, I caught the latter part of "Womanizer" by Britney Spears, reminding me of how much I love this song. Britney's definitely one of my guilty pleasures, though I don't quite feel as ashamed as I should about this since she barely writes the music. So very catchy. I debated about buying a scratch-off instant lotto game but decided not to, not only because the machine was busted, but because I weighted the cost-to-benefit ratio and decided that caving and purchasing the Britney track would bring me more happiness that one minute of scratching off grey squares only to be let down but winning $0.

I'm tempted to blog about my experiences with dating in the city, but I dunno. In the meantime, here's a link to check out that is vaguely academical.
http://blogs.psychologytoday.com/blog/beautiful-minds/200808/being-in-the-friend-zone
Can you ever bounce out of the friend zone? Is there a time limit? Stupid friend zone!
This makes me cheer up:
In fact, the reality is that being in the friend zone is an honor: it means you are well-respected, have formed an emotional connection with that person, and are thought of as nice, considerate, and dependable. These are really valuable traits. And I really mean that.

Worth skimming and for the graphic at the top.

Okay, this post was all over the place.

2 comments:

Parker said...

Wow, I was just publicly disparaging Psychology Today in class this afternoon!! haha. The photo at the top of the article is priceless.

Umm.... just checked the by-line. I know that guy. (professionally, over email only.) He's getting on my bad list in a serious hurry. What kind of grad student puts his name on a blog like that?!?! A fame-whore, that's what.

Inessa said...

I love your comment. Even if Psychology Today's impact factor is negligible, that picture is a total laugh.

Famewhore Dude, use an alias!